April 4, 2010

Easter eggs...


...it's been awhile since I coloured eggs for Easter...but eggs are still an important part of the holiday for me. Instead of using food dye, I decided to use my hard-boiled eggs and make an appetizer.

For my family's Easter celebration, I made smoked salmon stuffed eggs. Here's how.

Ingredients
- plain cream cheese
- mayonnaise
- dill
- scallions / green onions
- hard-boiled eggs
- smoked salmon
- freshly ground pepper

I purposely left off quantity in the ingredients - the amount you use really does depend on what kind of texture (creamy versus lumpy) and flavour you like (heavy on the dill/scallions).

Directions
- Peel the hardboiled eggs
- Cut them in half length-wise
- Carefully remove the yolks and set aside (you'll use this in the stuffing mixture later on)
- chop the scallions + dill and add to the egg yolks
- add cream cheese and mayonnaise
- chop up the smoked salmon into mini pieces and add to the mixture
- add freshly ground pepper to taste
- take a fork or a big spoon and mash everything together
- restuff egg whites
- refrigerate for 2 hours before serving

No comments:

Post a Comment